Welcome to Goodbudget!
Thanks for checking out Goodbudget! This help article will explain how to find your familiar EEBA features on the new Goodbudget site. If you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.com and let us know.
Finding your way around
We've worked hard to make the new Goodbudget site easier to use than EEBA. All of the features you regularly use are now accessible right from the homepage. We'll walk through each section of the EEBA site and explain where to find the same features in Goodbudget.
Envelopes are now visible on the left hand side of the screen.
- You can see your Regular and Annual Envelopes at the same time.
- Next to each Envelope name are two numbers. The larger number on top is the Envelope's current balance. This is how much money is currently in the Envelope. The smaller number below is the Envelope's budget. This is how much you plan to spend or save in that Envelope.
- If you want to edit your budget, click on the brown "Add / Edit" button. Here you can change the budgeted amount of your Envelopes, or create new Envelopes.
To fill your Envelopes or record a new transaction, click the "Fill Envelopes" or "Add Transaction" button at the top of the screen.
Transactions are now front and center on the home screen.
- You can search for transactions by entering their name, envelope, account, or amount into the search box. If want a more detailed search, click on the "advanced" link.
- You can also see your pending transactions right from your transactions screen.
- Click the link to see all of your scheduled transactions.
You can click on any transaction to edit or delete it.
Click on the "Accounts" tab on the homepage to see all of your Accounts and their current balances. Click on an Account to see all of it's transactions. If you want to add a new Account or edit the balance of one you already have, click on the "Add / Edit" link on the top right of the window. Links to import your bank activity, or reconcile the account are accessible on the top right of the transactions window.
Scheduled transactions are now visible right in your transaction window. You can also click on the link to "see all scheduled transactions." If you want a pending transaction to post immediately, click on the "Record Now" button.
To create a new scheduled transaction, create that transaction as you would normally and then click on the checkbox that says "and schedule this..."
Reports are available from the menu at the top of the site. We've included the most popular reports in EEBA as well as new reports like the Income vs Spending report.
Where is the "Specify" option when adding income?
Add Money / Receive Income > Specify is now under Fill Envelopes > New Income. Click the 'Fill Envelopes' button on the home page and use the main tab to fill from a New Income. Read the step-by-step directions here.
How do I use my Remembered Refills?
You can find your Remembered Refills by clicking on the Quick Fill drop down menu on the Fill Envelopes page. To create a new one, just check off the "Remember this fill as..." check box before you save your fill.
How do I download my transactions?
All existing users will remain on their current plans, and can upgrade to a new plan at any time. If you are currently on:
- Free, you gain access to scheduled transactions. You also gain access to 1 Account, which you can activate on the Accounts tab by clicking the 'Turn On' button.
- Basic, you also gain access to scheduled transactions. Your Envelope and device limit remain the same.
- Plus, you're move to our new Plus plan where you now get Unlimited Envelopes, Unlimited Accounts, and sync to 5 devices.
- Premium, you still get everything you paid for, including sync to 10 devices and unlimited transaction history. You can stay on this plan if you'd like, or switch to our new Plus plan at any time.
We want to make sure that you get answers to your questions! Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're unable to find the answer to your question in this article.